sled push

sled push

Monday, September 12, 2011

Well, I survived my first Auburn football game and was not tempted to indulge. I was very proud of myself for staying true to the Whole30. It's a tradition at my house to have tortillas chips and rotel cheese dip while watching football. Maybe it helped that my husband took the boys to his grandfathers to watch the Alabama game. Yes, my husband is an Alabama fan and I am an Auburn fan. In this state, this is considered a mixed marriage.
If you are not from the south, you may not realize that here in Alabama the Beautiful, for the most part people, love iced tea & Bar-B-Q, are polite to strangers, say "Yes, sir" and "Yes, ma'am", can insult anyone as long as they follow it with "Bless her/his heart!", AND are either Alabama fans or Auburn fans.
I took the weekend off, but, as I mentioned before, today I start the 2 days on, 1 day off, 3 days on, 1 day off cycle.
Today I had a great day at the gym. I got a new PR on my double unders, 51 unbroken! I also PR'd my overhead squat, 125lbs - 2 reps. It was supposed to be a 5-5-5 but on the 3rd rep I lost it coming up out of the squat. I was still happy though, before today, my 1 Rep max was 120lbs! This is the first time I have been able to jerk 125lbs from the neck. Happy Day!!

Strength
5-5-5 Overhead Squat - 95lbs, 115lbs, 125lbsx2 then failed

TODAY'S WOD
21-15-9
Ground to Overhead 75lbs
Bar hops (jump over the bar and back=1 rep)
8:45

Disappointed with this WOD. Apparently I can't add. I thought I was doing this with 85lbs and was very happy with my lifts, thinking "Wow! This feels light!" Well, that's because it was only 75lbs! Yeah. 45 bar + 30lbs has always equaled 75lbs. Geez!
What surprised me on this one though, was that the bar hops just gassed me. I wasn't expecting that!

Eating:
Saturday:
Day 5 Whole30
Breakfast: 2 fried eggs, 2 pieces of bacon, 1 apple, tablespoon of almond butter with a teaspoon of Applebutter (Cracker barrel has the most amazing applebutter. Only ingredients are apples and cinnamon! Yummy!)
Snack: Grazed on vinegar and salt flavored almonds all day
Lunch: left over beef stew
Dinner: Pork salad with cucumbers, tomatoes and green olives

Sunday:
Day 6 Whole30
Breakfast: "Dawn's Scrambled Eggs"- eggs scrambled with mushrooms, bacon, salsa, onion and spinach.
Snack: Larabar
Lunch: Hamburger patty with salsa, grilled zucchini and squash
Snack: Apple with almond butter and blueberries
Dinner: Steak with baked sweet potato

Monday:
Day 7 Whole30
Breakfast: 2 hard boiled eggs, 1 piece of bacon
Snack: Progenex
Lunch: Left over scrambled eggs and hamburger patty with salsa
Snack: Larabar, raisins
Dinner: Meatloaf, cauliflower and steamed broccoli

No comments:

Post a Comment