sled push

sled push

Thursday, September 8, 2011

Need a rest day!

I am so excited that some of you have decided to join me in the Whole30 challenge. For me, this is day 4 and so far, so good. I think just knowing that I am not doing this alone makes it so much better!
As always, I will be posting what I eat, but if there is a meal that you would like the recipe to, just let me know. I love to share!
Today was a great day but I am whooped! I have always stuck pretty true to the 5 days on, 2 days off schedule. That just works best for me...most of the time. But what I have discovered over the past two weeks is that I can't do these heavy strength days and keep a 5 day on, 2 day off schedule. Today, I really felt like I was only at about 75%. How does this help me?
I have gone pretty hard this week and today I really felt it.
After doing my strength training Tuesday and then that heavy WOD yesterday, my back is smoked! It is still really tight from those heavy deadlifts yesterday, but it's not a "Oh my God I've hurt myself!" pain, it just needs a rest day!
We were supposed to do our best 500 meter row today and I just couldn't give it my all with my back so tight. My best time is right at 2:00. Today it was 2:15. I was just too sore! So, I am going to finish out this week and next week, I will be going to 3 days on 1 day off, 2 days on, 1 day off schedule and see how that works.

Today's WOD

Strength and Training
3 rounds
12 cleans (65% of 1RM=83lbs)
rest 30 seconds
max handstand hold

Today's WOD
"Annie"
50,40,30,20,10 reps
Double Unders
Situps
Score: 7:43 (PR by over a minute!)

I am pleased with my double unders during the WOD today, I only had to break up the 50 double unders, after that they were all unbroken. I still can't go fast on situps. The first round I was able to go hard, but after that, it was a struggle to keep the situps unbroken. I don't know why I can't go fast on the situps, but I guess I did go faster than last time, so I am happy with that.

This afternoon I went back up to the gym to work on Muscle-ups.
My coach took video of my muscle-up attempts and he is going to look at it at home and see if he can't figure out where I am getting stuck. He is as frustrated as I am. Have I mentioned that I have been working on these for over a year? This is getting a bit ridiculous!
I did about 10 attempts before becoming completely frustrated. I can get my hips way up there, above the rings actually. I can get my chest to the rings, but I can't get my head through. So...back to transition work. I spent the rest of the time working with my feet on a box and band assist. It's obviously my transition, but where exactly am I losing it? I have the transition when I do band assist, but that's it.
I think if I spend the next week off of the higher rings and just focus hard on the transition, I will see some progress.

Eating Today
Day 3 of the Whole30 challenge
Breakfast: 2 hard boiled eggs, 1 piece of canadian bacon, black coffee
Post WOD: Progenex
Lunch: Left over Zucchini casserole (Left overs ROCK!) Unsweet tea
Snack: Lemon Larabar
Snack 2: Sea salted almonds and grapes
Dinner: Cabbage stir fry, frozen banana for dessert, unsweet tea

No comments:

Post a Comment