sled push

sled push

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Man, that was HEAVY!

Today was just a condition day, but it was a HEAVY WOD! Wow!
I borrowed this WOD from Rainier CrossFit and it's good one! On Wednesday's, I usually go in about 2 hours before my class and do the WOD that I want to give the class. How I feel, during and after the WOD let's me know if I need to make adjustments and helps me plan how to scale it for some of my athletes. I generally don't like to give my classes something that I haven't done or will do. If I don't get to do the WOD before class, I will do it later that day.
One day we did a WOD with heavy deadlifts and pushpresses followed by a tabata bottom-to-bottom squat followed by a 400meter run. NOBODY liked me that day! ;) And most of my athletes stayed after class to watch me do that WOD just to make sure I hurt in those bottom to bottoms as much as they did. Haha! They took great joy in telling those that missed it about how I ran out the door with my legs looking like spaghetti! But that's okay, it WAS funny!

Today's WOD
2 Rounds for time:
50 Double Unders
15 Deadlifts, 185lbs
15 Handstand Pushups
400 meter run
15 Overhead Squats, 95lbs (out of rack)
15 Pullups

Time - 30:20? (Power went out halfway through, so I lost a few seconds restarting the clock)

Ok, this is a long time to take for this WOD, but I was determined to do this as Rxd. My 1RM on a Deadlift is only 215lbs, so this was a heavy deadlift for me. My 1RM on an Overhead Squat is 120lbs, so this was about right. I took a lot of time with the Deadlifts. On the 5th deadlift, I felt my core soften as I was going up and knew before I actually felt it that I was about to tweak my back. But I finished the WOD with this weight. I don't think I actually pulled anything too badly, and as I finished the WOD it didn't give me any problems as I deadlifted it correctly. But leaning over to pick up my water bottle? Crap! Yeah. So, I am ticked off at myself right now. Not because I went to heavy, but because I let my form soften. Needless to say, I am sure I was pretty annoying to my class tonight as I stayed on everyone about their form more than usual throughout this WOD.
I am pleased with my HSPU's even though I counted 3 missed reps on the last round. I had nothing left! Why? Because the first round I did 12 unbroken and the second round I did 8 unbroken. After that it was one at a time. So I took up some time being stubborn because I wanted to get them all. By rep 12 though, my arms and shoulders were done and I knew it wasn't going to happen. BUT, 12 unbroken HSPU is a PR for me. Hell, 8 unbroken was a PR! Happy Day!

Eating Today
DAY 2 of Whole30 (progenex is the exception)
Breakfast: 1 piece Canadian bacon, 2 hard boiled egg, black coffee
Post WOD: Progenex
Lunch: Left over zucchini casserole, unsweet tea
Snack 1: Lemon Larabar
Snack 2: Handful of almonds, raisins and seeds and a handful of grapes
Dinner: Chicken, Broccoli, Cauliflower, Butternut Squash, unsweet tea

No comments:

Post a Comment