sled push

sled push

Thursday, September 29, 2011

Closer than I was Yesterday

Well, my forearms and triceps have let me know that this past month of heavy muscle up work has really ticked them off!
Yesterday was my rest day, but usually on my rest day I will do something. Play on the rings, work on handstands, double unders just something! Not yesterday. It was very hard not to jump up on those rings but I really wanted to give my arms a full 24hours off, feeling confident that this was all I needed in order to jump up on those rings today and get that muscle up...yeah, you guessed it. Didn't happen.
I did work on it, but within minutes my forearms and triceps were screaming at me. I had been thinking it was my elbows, but today I realized that it is actually the muscles surrounding my elbows that is so sore.
To be this close, and to be too sore to work on this movement, well, I can't even describe my frustration! I just knew it was going to happen this week! :(
Tuesday after class, a few of us were hanging around talking and visiting and I was messing around on the rings. Coach Mark was watching me try to kip up there and he stopped me. He turned to everyone and asked them to come over to where we were so they could watch us for a minute. Then he asked me to get my false grip and just pull straight up, no kip. Ok, so I did. Then he did the same thing, but after he paused (where I paused) he went on into a dead hang muscle up.
He then asked everyone that was watching, "who got higher on the rings, Dawn or me?
They all said, surprisingly, "Dawn".
They said WHAT?!?!
Yeah, from a dead hang, I am pulling myself up higher than ever. Plenty high enough for a muscle up. The problem is that I get up there and can't figure out how to get my head through the rings.
After I finally realized that I really was getting high enough, I was ready to do it again. I felt my confidence completely shift. I knew I could do this!
I went to pull myself up again and my arms said "forget it!"
This was Tuesday. Yesterday I just coached, no WOD, no strength. REST.
Today, still no muscle up. I did work on the dead hang some more and Coach Mark gave me a buddy assist to go over into the transition by putting his hands on my hips and tilting me a bit forward. I thought he really pushed me through, but he said he barely did anything, that I did it mostly by myself. I AM SO CLOSE I COULD JUST SCREAM!!!!
But I had to stop because my arms started aching so badly.
I will roll them out tonight with a foam roller and hopefully, prayerfully it will happen tomorrow. I know you are sick of me blogging about this damn movement. Believe me, I am sick of it too, but I can't give up. I am obsessed with it!

TODAY'S WOD
3 ROUNDS of
3 minute AMRAP
3 Handstand Push ups
6 Slam Ball (all we have is a 12lb ball)
9 jumping squats
at the end of the 3 minutes, rest 1 minute then go to round 2 picking up where you left off.
Score 12 rounds + 7 reps

Eating:
Wednesday, Day 23 of WHOLE30
Breakfast: 2 Hard boiled Eggs
Snack: Cashews and jerky
Lunch: Grilled Chicken Salad
Snack: banana with almond butter
Dinner: Meatloaf, butternut squash

Thursday, Day 24 of WHOLE30
Breakfast: 2 Hard boiled eggs with almonds
POST WOD: Progenex
Snack: Salmon and sweet potatoes
Lunch: Spaghetti Squash, mixed fruit
Snack: LaraBar
Dinner: Meatloaf, baked sweet potato with Cinnamon, green beans
Snack: Banana with almond butter and blueberries (ate too much fruit today.)

2 comments:

  1. I'm DYING! for you. Maybe WOD Love will have pity on the two of us since we seem to be the two who have been actively showing how much and hard we are working. GRRRRRR.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No kidding! Good luck to you too girl. It has to happen for us soon!

    ReplyDelete