sled push

sled push

Thursday, September 22, 2011

NEW PR!! :))

What a crazy week this has been! My husband was sent to Iowa for the next 4 weeks. (that's a really long way from Alabama). He was told on Monday and had to leave Tuesday morning! So, I have been just getting my ducks in a row, rescheduling appointments, and just doing what it takes. I'll be honest, the first thing I thought was, "I CrossFit, I got this!" But needless to say, I have been quite busy over the past few days.
Even though I may not have much to say from day to day, I promised myself, and those of you who are keeping up with this, that I would post everyday during the week. I wasn't too worried about yesterday though, since it was my rest day.
After I finish this entry, I am going to start packing for my Olympic Lift Certification this weekend. I can not begin to describe how excited I am! This is probably my favorite thing about CrossFit...Olympic lifts. I want to be better at them myself! You know, be able to snatch 165lbs, that kinds of thing. Most importantly I want to be the best coach I can be.

So here is a recap of yesterday and today. Oh, by the way! How many of you watched the CrossFit Games last night? Wow! Just WOW! The women are just incredible athletes! Ahh..one day!

Wednesday-Rest Day

Today's Strength
Took a break from my strength sets and worked on a 1 rep max deadlift. I got a new PR at 225lbs! I think I could have gone heavier because that 225lbs seemed to come off the ground ALOT easier than I expected. But when I tried 235lbs, I lifted it maybe an inch. I KNOW it was in my head! But not because of fear. It was because my coach had told us to stop once we hit our PR. When I went for the 235lbs, I knew I wasn't "following instructions." I know that's it! Your head HAS to be in the right place! I can't wait to try this again in about 2 weeks.

Today's WOD
10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1 Deadlift (65% of 1RM=135lbs)
1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10 Toes through Rings
alternate exercises and work in descending and ascending reps
Time-6:30

EATING-
Wednesday-Day 16 Whole30
Breakfast: 2 hardboiled eggs with almonds
Snack: Larabar
Lunch: Cubed steak, broccoli and cauliflower
Snack: banana with almond butter
Dinner: Boston Butt (seasoned only), sweet potato

Thursday-Day 17 Whole30
Breakfast: 2 hardboiled eggs with almonds
Post WOD: Progenex
Lunch: Grilled chicken salad with tomatoes, cucumbers, olive and cabbage
Snack: Apple with almond butter and blueberries
Dinner: Left-over Boston Butt with butternut squash and spinach

No comments:

Post a Comment