sled push

sled push

Saturday, September 24, 2011

Dream Come True!

What an incredible day! As you may probably know, I am doing the CrossFit Olympic Lift Certification this weekend. I have been at CrossFit Atlanta all day today learning the basics of the snatch from one of the best, Mike Burgener. I had no idea I could be this sore from just working with a PVC pipe! Trinity CrossFit, lookout! I learning some great stuff! Can you say "Junkyard Dog"?
I missed another day yesterday, but sometimes life just happens. I woke up yesterday ready to get my kids off to school, head to the gym, get my WOD in, teach my class, hit the road for Atlanta, find the CrossFit Atlanta, then head to my hotel, relax and do my blog.
That was the plan.
Well, my youngest woke up yesterday vomiting and with a fever. He was so pitiful! Bless his heart, he is always the one that gets sick! Luckily, my mom came over to take care of him so I could head to Atlanta. But I was so sad and stressed that I was leaving a sick child. Needless to say, I was just exhausted when I reached my destination.
I talked to him on the phone a few minutes ago and he sounded like he was much better. I think it was just a 24 hour bug.
So, no WOD yesterday.
and no WOD today although I did more squats today than I have done in a long time. I also worked on my snatch with Leah Polaski (2011 CrossFit Games Competitor) and coached by Mike Burgener. This is my idea of a dream come true. I am a nerd, I know. I have watched so many of his coaching videos and I've told my husband on a number of occasions how much I would love to be able to visit Mike's Gym so he could help me with my lifts.
I'll take these two days! :-)

EATING
Friday, Day 18 of Whole30
Breakfast: 2 fried eggs, 2 pieces of bacon, apple with almond butter and blueberries
Lunch: Left-over Boston Butt, spinach and butternut squash
Snack: Almonds, Larabar
Dinner: Grilled shrimp salad
Snack: Almonds

Saturday: Day 19 of Whole30
had to use some serious restraint! I was so hungry after class, I wanted everything I saw, but I told myself I was way to close to the end to mess up now!
Breakfast: Scrambles eggs, 2 pieces of sausage, oranges, grapefruit and pineapple slices
Snack: 2 hard boiled eggs
Lunch: Chicken Salad, pineapples
Snack: Larabar
Dinner: Salad, Broccoli, Grilled Chicken and Portebello Mushrooms

No comments:

Post a Comment