sled push

sled push

Friday, September 9, 2011

Train smart, leave the ego at the door.

Today was a stength day for me. My back felt so much better this morning! I redid my 500 meter row and got it under 2 minutes -1:56! a PR for me! I was in such a great mood! We had a great group there this morning, the music was pumpin' and we were having fun! I love my box, I really do!
BUT, during my last set of cleans, as I was pulling the second one, I felt my back twinge again, same place! Damn IT! So, I rolled it out with a ball and finished the set but the clean pulls just weren't happening for me today.

STRENGTH WOD (all percentages are based on 1RM)

Front Squat: 60%, 5 reps (83lbs), 70%, 4 reps (98lbs), 80%, 3 reps-4 sets (113lbs)

Clean: 60%, 3 reps (83lbs), 70%, 3 reps (98lbs), 75%, 3 reps(103lbs), 80%, 3 reps-3sets (110lbs)

Clean Pull: this was supposed to be 3 reps at 95% then 3 reps at 105%, but I could only do 2 at 95%. I was just too nervous about my back today. Me really hurting my back is NOT going to help me train. Train smart, leave the ego at the door!

Bench Press: 60%, 5 reps (60lbs), 70%, 5 reps (70lbs), 85%, 5 reps-3 sets (85lbs)

Skill Work:
Spent about 20-30 minutes on just muscle-up progressions. Using my feet on the box and shooting my head through. Did 30 of these. Next week I will start working on transitions while sitting on the floor. Only 20 days left for the Muscle-Up challenge!

Eating:
Day 4 of Whole30
Breakfast: 2 hardboiled eggs, 1 piece of canadian bacon
Post WOD: Progenex
Lunch: Left over Cabbage Stir Fry
Snack: Larabar
Dinner: Paleo/Whole30 stew. Yum!!!
Dessert: banana with almond butter and blueberries.

No comments:

Post a Comment