sled push

sled push

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

I LOVE Overhead Squats!

I LOVE Overhead Squats! Not many people do, but I just love them. I even get excited when I see them in a WOD. There are so many things in CrossFit that I need to work on, but with the Overhead Squats I feel like I am on a higher level. Maybe I'm not, but I FEEL like I am! Yesterday in my blog I mentioned that I hit my 2 rep max with a 125lb OHS. Today we did more of them, so I have enjoyed this week so far! This photo is from today's WOD. We got to choose our own weight for the WOD and I chose 95lbs. I think it was perfect. Heavy enough to be a challenge but not so heavy that it slowed me down to a crawl.


Another great thing that happened today was that my best friend finally came to my class to see what it was about. She did the Baseline and was wrecked, but I believe she will be back. She has watched my journey in CrossFit for almost 2 years and I have talked her ear off about it. BUT she always told me it looks too hard and she wasn't interested, so I never pushed it. Imagine my excitement when she called and said she wanted to take my class! I hope she sticks with it. I didn't mention how it can be addicting.

After the class was over, she wanted me to show her what the muscle-up looked like. This is another thing she has heard me talk so much about. Well, of course I couldn't show her, so I had my coach, Mark, show her. Of course, he made it look so easy!

Then she wants to see where I am with it. I hop up on the rings and do my attempt. I get my chest all the way up to the rings and actually got further than I ever have...but I still got stuck at the transition.

She said, "Oh my God! You are there! Just stick your head through, that's all you have to do!"

I thought, "Ok Cindy! I will do that right now!" *Sigh*

She said, " I thought you could barely get up there. I didn't realize how close you are. Just do it today! How cool would that be to do it on my first day here?!"

That would have been very cool! But, it didn't happen today. I did feel more confident that it will happen by the end of this month though, because I really am closer than I have ever been. Tomorrow is my rest day, but I will definitely spend some time on the rings tomorrow.


TODAY'S WOD

AMRAP 12 minutes

Ring Dip/ Overhead Squat Ladder (weight 95lbs)

1 Ring Dip

1 OHS

2 Ring Dips

2 OHS

keep increasing reps until time runs out.

Score: 8 Rounds + 4 Rings Dips


STRENGTH WOD: Based on 1RM

Back Squat: 60%x5reps (100lbs), 70%x4reps (115lbs), 80%x4repsx4 (135lbs)

Power Snatch: 60%x5reps(50lbs), 65%x4reps (55lbs), 75%x4reps (65lbs), 85%x4repsx2(75lbs)

Clean: 75%x4reps(105lbs), 85%x4repsx2(115lbs)

Push Jerk:60%x5(80lbs), 70%x5reps(95lbs), 85%x3repsx2 failed on 4th and 5th attempt(115lbs)

Clean Pull: 95%x3(130lbs), 105%x3(145lbs)


Eating:

Breakfast: 2 hardboiled eggs, 1 piece of bacon

Post WOD: Progenex

Lunch: Left over meatloaf, cauliflower, broccoli

Snack: Nuts, seeds and raisins

Dinner: Baked lemon and pepper chicken, grilled zucchini and squash, butternut squash

No comments:

Post a Comment