sled push

sled push

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Need a Rest Day!

It would seem that I am in need a rest day! My elbows are so sore from all the muscle-up work I have done this month in addition to really blasting them this past weekend. Since I didn't do a WOD on Friday or Saturday, I felt like I had taken two days off. I know I was doing an Olympic Lift Cert this weekend, but I was never lifting heavy weight. The weekend was about REALLY learning the skills for the snatch and the clean and jerk. Because of this, we didn't lift heavy, we lifted light...but a lot! I finally felt it today!
On Sunday I did that WOD with the ring dips and then worked on the muscle-up right after that and then again that afternoon. This, after doing snatches and clean & jerks all day for 2 days. (Why did I think I had taken 2 days off?!?)
Yesterday, coming back from the cert and being so excited for my "almost muscle-up", I jumped right onto the rings and worked some more. This morning, my elbows ached so bad it was all I could do to pull up on the rings.
I am very stubborn when I am so close to something, but today as I was working on my strength skill, I could hear Coach Burgener saying, "There's no such thing as over training, just under recovery"...hmmm, if the shoe fits, right?
I had to finally say "Uncle", and take it easy on my strength day. I wasn't getting the best out of it, so why push it? Train smart!
Even so, I felt a bit defeated today, although I know if I were my coach, I would be telling myself to take a few days off.

WOD
Snatch Grip Deadlift (using hookgrip)
5-5-5 (128lbs, 148lbs, 168lbs) -15lb PR

For Grind not time
3 rounds
Broad jumps 10 meters
as many broad jumps as it takes, perform that number of box jumps and pull ups
the score is total number of box jumps and pull ups
Score-48

Strength:
Front Squat: 60%,5 reps(85lbs),70%,4 reps(100lbs), 80%, 4 reps x 4 (115lbs)
Power Snatch:60%,5reps(50lbs),65%,4reps(55lbs),75%,4reps(65lbs),85%,4reps x 4(75lbs)
Power Clean: 75%, 4 reps (105lbs), supposed to have also done this at 85%, 4reps x 2 but elbows were really aching
Split Jerk: 60%, 5 reps. Didn't finish the rest of the rep sequence. It was about this time that I realized I was done. Should have also done 70%, 5reps, 85%, 5repsx3

Eating:
Day 22 of WHOLE30
Breakfast: 2 hard boiled eggs, black coffee, 2 cups
Post WOD: Progenex
Lunch: Fuji Apple Chicken Salad (YUM!!)
Snack: Nuts, seeds and raisins
Dinner: Chicken, green beans

No comments:

Post a Comment