sled push

sled push

Monday, October 3, 2011

I'm terrible at gym math!!

It has been a very restful weekend and I am about ready to jump back into the strength and the ring work. All I did today was my WOD and worked on my back squat, still wanting to take it a bit easy. We did cleans today and my arms began to ache again, but not as bad as they did Friday night. A whole lot of cleans and muscle-up work are the culprits for my aching arms.
I didn't do as well on my WOD this morning as I wanted to, but I think that's partly because I have a cold and am not 100%. Another reason is because I can't count! Geez!

I think I miss added my weight on the back squat on Friday. I think I may have back squatted 185 instead of 175. I am pretty sure, but not 100%. I am terrible at gym math! What happened is that I think I put 2 35lb plates on my 45lb bar and wrote it down as 105 instead of 115 and then adding from there.
Today, when we worked on our Back Squats, we were working off % of our 1RM. 5 Reps at 65%, 5 reps at 75% and then 85% as many reps as possible (150lbs). I did this last set 9 times. When my coach saw me do this 9 times, he said "I think your 1 REP MAX is a bit higher than you think." Hmmm, I think so too!
I think I will try again next week for my 1 Rep Max and make sure I have it right. Either way, the strength training I have been doing this past month has been tremendous in building my strength!

Today's WOD
7 Rounds
7 Power Cleans, 65% 1Rep Max (85lbs)
7 KBS
7 Burpees

Score-10:35

On round 2 and halfway through round 3 I was doing 8 reps instead of 7! See, I can't even keep my rep count right!

Eating:
Saturday, Day 26 Whole30
Breakfast: 2 scrambles eggs, 2 pieces of bacon, apple with almond butter and blueberries
Snack: Larabar
Lunch: Chicken and Fruit
Snack: Almonds, raisins
Dinner: Steak and Baked Sweet Potato

Sunday, Day 27 Whole30
Breakfast: 2 scrambles eggs, 2 pieces of bacon, apple with almond butter and blueberries
Snack: Turkey slices
Lunch: Spaghetti Squash
Snack: apple with almond butter and blueberries
Dinner: Meatloaf, cauliflower and zucchini

Monday: Day 28 Whole30
Breakfast: 2 hard boiled eggs, 1 piece of canadian bacon
Post WOD: Progenex
Lunch: Left over meatloaf, cauliflower and spinach
Snack: apple with almond butter and blueberries, 2 turkey slices
Dinner: Cabbage stir fry with mushrooms, chicken and bacon

No comments:

Post a Comment