sled push

sled push

Monday, October 24, 2011

Sometimes a break is good!

I feel so much better after taking this past week off. My elbows are feeling normal again, and thanks to Mobility WODs, my shoulder feels great, too!
I did jump back on the rings this past Saturday, but only for one try. I got up there, but my wrist immediately flipped over into that dreaded wrist lock. I will not do another attempt anytime soon. I am changing my attack strategy. I will be working this month on chest to bar pulls, russian dips and strengthening my wrist since that seems to be my achilles heel.
Today, it felt great to be back working out. I did much better than I was expecting. Sometimes you just don't know what your first day will be like after a week off, but I was happy!

WORKOUT OF THE DAY

Deadlift 3-3-3-3-3 (145-160-180-195-205)
then
AMRAP 12 minutes of
20 Overhead lunges (25lbs plate)
20 Double Unders
20 Situps

Score-6 rounds

then
Max overhead squats in 1 minute - 27 at 65lbs

EATING:
Breakfast-2 hard boiled eggs
Post WOD-Progenex
Lunch-baked chicken, cauliflower and broccoli
Snack-3 turkey slices with humus
Dinner- Spaghetti Squash with meat sauce
Dessert-3 fig newtons

No comments:

Post a Comment