sled push

sled push

Sunday, October 9, 2011

October 9,2011

I hope everyone has had a great weekend. My weekend would have been a little bit better if Auburn had won, but overall it has been good. I decided to take 2 rest days and not do anything this weekend WOD-wise. I only have 1 week left before I reach my deadline for the muscle-up and I want to be able to give it my best. So, this next week will be dedicated to achieving that muscle-up. No excuses. I will do best and whatever the results, I know that will be enough.
I have discovered that spending this much time on the rings taxes out my elbows and shoulders so much that it has affected my lifting. (My Split Jerk was horrible yesterday!) This is why I have backed off a bit from my heavy days. This is a great example of how one way of training can affect another.
Regardless of what happens with my goal on the 16th (I refuse to be negative and can not bring myself to say anything contrary to me achieving my goal), I will be going back to my 2-a-days twice a week and my 2 on, 1 off, 3 on, 1 off training weeks again. Hopefully I can do this as a new member of the muscle-up club.
Honestly, I am ready to put this thing to bed and move on!
As for eating, I guess last night I offically came off the Whole30, yet I have still eaten pretty clean. Still haven't had any sweets and I will maintain that until my birthday next weekend.
I ran into a friend of mine today and she commented on how much trimmer/leaner I looked. :) I didn't lose any weight (2lbs does not count I will gain that back after dinner, LOL!), but I know I didn't have any to lose. I also didn't lose any inches, BUT here is the thing. I can see 4 of my abs now. I have never seen this definition in my stomach before. THIS is now my motivation to continue to eat clean. I have wanted "abs" since I can remember and I finally have some! Woohoo!!!
Now, don't get wrong. I am no Miranda Oldroyd, ha! not even close! But I am still thrilled with my accomplishments.
And the best part is that I seem to have kicked this Sugar Demons BUTT!!! Oh yeah! I can now walk into Walgreens and look at the candy corn and tell it to kiss my ass. I am good!
I do know from past experience that it won't take much to "fall off the wagon", so I will have to stay strong. And THAT'S part of what this blog is for. Keeping me accountable.

Yesterday, I did my strength day. My split jerk was horrible, (not the form, the weight), my arms are just so fatigued. My 1 Rep max is 133lbs and yesterday I couldn't do 95lbs with great form. Granted, it was at the end of the Strength WOD, but it was very evident how fatigued my arms were. Not good.

Front Squat: Go to a heavy single (150lbs), then 90%, 2reps (135lbs), 85%, 3 reps x 3(125lbs)
Snatch Balance: (Still trying to get the feel of this, but MUCH better than last week!!) 33lbs, 45lbs, 65lbs, 75lbs(F), 75lbs(F)
Back Squat: 60%, 5reps(105lbs), 70%,4reps (130lbs), 80%, 4reps x 3 (150lbs)
Split Jerk: should've been 70%,5 reps, 85%,4reps x 3. I had to reduce the weight so my form didn't suffer and did this with 75lbs, 5 reps, 80lbs, 4 reps x 3
Deadlift: 60%, 5 reps (135lbs), 70%, 4 reps (160lbs), 80%, 4 reps x 4 (185lbs)

Eating:
Friday
Breakfast: 2 hard boiled eggs
Post WOD: Progenex
Lunch: Protein Power Plate from Zoe's Kitchen...yum!!!
Snack: Larabar
Dinner: left over pork chop, spinach and butternut squash

Saturday:
Breakfast: 2 fried eggs, 2 pieces of bacon, oranges and pineapples slices
Lunch: Grilled Chicken Salad (I know, I LOVE chicken!!!)
Snack: 2 turkey slices and some grapes
Dinner: left over Baked chicken with Feta cheese, broccoli and sweet potato
Game Snack: I had about 15 tortilla chips with 1/4 cup of rotel cheese dip (maybe not even that much)

Sunday:
Breakfast: Scrambled eggs, 1 apple with almond butter, 2 pieces of bacon and 2 wheat/gluten free biscuits with homemade muscadine jelly. (WOW! So good!)
Lunch: left over Baked chicken with Feta cheese, broccoli and butternut squash
Snack: Grapes, nuts and seeds
Dinner: You guessed it! Chicken! Rotisserie chicken, kale with stewed tomatoes and green beans.
Snack: (girls night!!) 3 glasses of peach wine (almost like a dessert)
(okay, you may be wondering why I have sooo many left overs, I am used to cooking for 5 and when my husband is out town, I keep cooking the same amount. Even though it is boring, it actually makes my life easier because I don't have to cook near as much.)

No comments:

Post a Comment