sled push

sled push

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

CrossFit...even on the bad days.


Great day at the gym, although I will admit, I wasn't "feeling" the 2-a-day workout today. I am glad I did it though. Part of my problem is that I have just been emotionally exhausted and sad. My husband has been working out of state for almost 6 weeks and I just miss him terribly.
CrossFit has been my therapy in the past and it is now, as well.
One of the beautiful things that sucked me into CrossFit is that when I walk into the gym, my problems, stress or worries are left at the door. During the time that I am in the gym, when I am in the WOD, my thoughts are focused only on what I am doing.
So when I have a bad day, I still make myself do that WOD because I know that when I leave the gym, I will feel like I have done something to be proud of and that I will be able to take on the day.
Even if it's the worst performance, the fact remains that I still got off the couch. I pushed myself. I tried harder. I sweated. I overcame.

Morning-8:30 am

WORKOUT OF THE DAY
STRENGTH
tempo front squats (down on count of 3 seconds, hold 3 seconds, 0 seconds up!) try these, they are a whole different kind of animal!
5-5-5 (45lbs,95lbs,135lbs)

then

For Time:
15-12-9-6-3
Front Squats (95lbs)
Toes to Bar


Afternoon -1:30
Strength WOD
Percentages are based on 1 rep max
Strict Shoulder Press-1 rep max New PR at 80lbs. I know. This is sad, but this my weakness which is why I worked on it today.
Squat Clean - 60%x3(80lbs), 70%x3(95lbs), 75%x3(105lbs), 80%x3x2(110lbs)
Snatch Balance - getting better at these! 60%x5(40lbs),70%x5(50lbs),85%x5x3(60lbs)
Bench Press - 60%x5(65lbs),70%x5(75lbs),85%x5x3(95lbs)

Eating:
Breakfast: 2 hardboiled eggs
Post WOD: Progenex
Lunch: Grilled Chicken Salad with Blue Cheese Dressing
Snack: Larabar
Snack: turkey slices with humus
Dinner: Rotisserie Chicken, sweet potato with cinnamon sugar (not alot!)

4 comments:

  1. I know just what you mean. I had a not-great day today, long day with the kids, feeling just tired. But I went tonight and all of the tough things about today just melted away! I'm SO glad I went, and I have a whole new level of energy, even though it's at the end of the day!

    By the way, love that picture! I want to post it to my FB page and I'll link back here if that's okay with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's amazing, isn't it? I love how CrossFit does that! The best anti-depressant and stress reliever I have found!

    And sure, you can post that picture! Post away!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks once again for the inspiration! I just love reading your Blogs...so much dedication! I am stealing your Quote for my FB page, I need it for todays DOUBLE FRAN! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Toby! A double Fran? You go girl!!! You just inspired me! :)

    ReplyDelete