sled push

sled push

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

November 1,2011

No, I haven't been kidnapped by vampires, but it sorta feels like it! I have had a great weekend but am feeling the full extent of it!

I took my best friend out Thursday night for her 40th birthday and let's just say that we had a great time and didn't worry about what we were drinking or eating!

I didn't get home Thursday night until 2:30 am, so Friday mornings strength workout was pretty much shot.
I think that could be said for the entire weekend! Saturday, I took my 12 year old to the Auburn game and again, didn't get home until the wee hours of the morning. Sunday, I just tried to catch up on sleep.

Then of course, last night was Halloween and yes, I had chocolate. And I'm not going to lie, I was a bit disappointed. It just wasn't as good as it used to be.

So, let's just say from Thursday night until today, it was about fun and family time.

My husband was able to get home for the weekend and was home for Halloween but with everything going on, I don't feel like I was able to really spend much time with him.

To be honest, tonight I felt like everything just caught up with me. One minute I was okay, the next, I just felt completely overwhelmed! Just like that. "SNAP!"

Flying solo is not fun and with no idea how long this job is going to keep him in Iowa, it makes it very frustrating. But I just have to set my shoulders and carry on. I saw a great post on the facebook page Women of CrossFit = Strong this morning.


"There's something amazing that happens with strong-driven athletes. It's almost like wiping out their memory after pushing themselves to the limits. At that moment of total exhaustion, we feel like we'd never want to endure that feeling again. We finish our workout of the day and by the next day we have forgotten about it and are ready to push ourselves again. Why can't that be said with our everyday life?!?! Ever thought about that? Take what we have learned in our WOD's and use that to help make us better women with every step we take.
Try pushing yourself to the absolute limit, whether it is in CrossFit, business, or any other discipline of your life. Get to the point where it becomes tough...then push through until it's really hard...push a little harder until you feel you can't take it...then push it just a little further. I guarantee you'll go from absolute pain to absolute gratification..."


Well, let's just say, I really needed to hear this today. But single mom'ing it for months is something I don't have to make any harder. I just found out this evening that my oldest son has his first 2 D's ever. Not the end of the world, I know. But as my friends will tell you, this kind of thing puts me over the edge of stress. He has high functioning autism and is mainstreamed into the regular classroom. This is also his first year in high school and I just feel helpless.

But I read that post at just the right moment and it helped remind me that it will get better. I will get through this and there will be ABSOLUTE GRATIFICATION.

What does any of this have to do with CrossFit? Absolutely nothing, except to say that without CrossFit and my peeps, I would be insane by now!

So, back to CrossFit things and onto my WOD's. If you are keeping up with the WOD's I post or are using the Strength bias, I will post what I SHOULD have done Friday.

Hang with me! I am back on track now.

In fact, I have challenged my athletes to join me and take on a 22 day paleo challenge. This will take us to the day before Thanksgiving. NOT Whole 30, just strict Paleo. I invite you to join the challenge with us!


FRIDAY STRENGTH WOD
Back Squat- work to heavy single, then 90%x2, 85%x3x5
Squat Snatch-60%x5, 65%x5, 70%x4, 80%x3x5
Front Squat-work to heavy single, then 90%x2, 85%x3x5
Snatch Balance-65%x5,75%x5,85%x5x3
Power Clean-75%x3,85%x3,90%x3x2


Monday WOD
"Drop Dead Fran"
5 Rounds of
1 minute work followed by 1 minute rest
10 Pushups
max Thrusters (65lbs)
Score is total number of Thrusters -56


Tuesday Strength
Romanian Deadlifts...WOW!!!!
5-5-5 65lbs, 95lbs, 115lbs


Tuesday WOD
"12 Monkey's jumping on the bed"
12 Minute AMRAP
12 Box Jumps (20" box)
12 Goblet Squats (35lbs)
12 Situps



No comments:

Post a Comment