sled push

sled push

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

November 3, 2011

Today I took on "Helen"! I was hoping to beat my last pathetic score by at least 2 minutes, but it didn't happen. I did PR though, so I will take that.
I went into this WOD very positive. I have been doing a lot of running lately, so I thought I was ready for that. A few weeks ago, I was able to string together 16 pullups with no problem, so I wasn't worried about the pullups. And Kettlebell swings, while they are not my favorite, I don't have any problems with them.
But put that all together?
"Helen" is a bitch and I hate her!
The first run wasn't bad at all, nor were the KBS, but the pullups? I couldn't do more than 6! I was pissed!
By the third run, I was not in a happy place.
Why did I program this WOD for myself today?
Because, I HATE "HELEN", and when you program for yourself, you have a tendency to program things that you like. Well, at least I catch myself doing this. And this is the reason I go to Coach Mark's morning class Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays.
But the rest of the time, it is up to me.
So, overall it was a good workout today, but I still have to take on "Helen" again until I get that time I want (sub 10 minutes)

Workout of the Day
"Helen"
3 Rounds for time
400 meter run
21 KBS (35lbs)
12 pullups
Time: 10:48


Strength WOD
Back Squat (to the ball)- work to heavy single (175lb) then, 90% (155lbs) x 2, 85%(145lbs)x3x5
Snatch Balance-Work to heavy single -65lbs. I don't want to go any heavier until I have this perfect!
Power Clean- okay, I need to make a note here. I have been working on these based on my 1RM of my Squat Clean, which is 138lbs. It only occurred to me today, as I kept failing my lifts, that my power clean is probably only about 130lbs. So, I will post "L" as a lift and "F" as a failed lift
Power Clean-75%(103lbs)x4, 85%(118lbs)x5x3 -what I did was: 118lbs, L,L,F,F,L, 118lbs, L, L,F,F,F, Dropped to 113lbs, L, F,L, L,F
Press-60%(55lbs)x5, 70%(60lbs)x5,85%(70lbs)x5x3-what I did on the last set was 70lbsx4, 70lbsx2, 70lbsx3
Squat Snatch- 65%(53lbs)x5, 75%(58lbs)x4x3

Eating:
Day 2 of Paleo Challenge
Breakfast: 2 hard boiled eggs
Post WOD: Progenex
Snack: Salmon and Sweet Potato
Lunch: Chicken Salad
Snack: nuts, seeds and raisins
Dinner: Cabbage Stir Fry, dessert-raisins

No comments:

Post a Comment