sled push

sled push

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Anything Worth Having is Worth Working For

I saw this picture floating around on Facebook today and thought it was perfect for what I wanted to talk about today. But first, I have a confession to make.
I completely bombed this weekend on my diet, BUT my husband was home for the first time in two weeks and it was a great weekend. I am not going to beat myself up for it. I have been doing so well with my diet and I know that it is okay to relax and accept that I am human. Just as long as it isn't an every day thing. And it's not, but it was a few days...
In spite of my paleo slip up, the past two days have been really good days for my WOD's
I hit 2 PR's! Happy Dance!!! But I still have so much to work on! There are so many things I want to improve. I really need to figure out what I want most and hone in on that. With a laundry list of things, it's hard to really get better at ALL of them on the timeline that I want to so I need to choose a few and focus.
I had mentioned the other day that I wanted to have a 260lb Deadlift...and I do! But I started thinking about it and there are other things that I want more.
Here are some of my goals so that you will see what I mean
Muscle up (Everyone knows that!)
95lb Squat Snatch (currently at 73lbs)
130lb Bench Press (currently at 115lb)
135lb Overhead Squat (currently at 125lbs)
130lb Split Jerk from the back
260lb Dead Lift (currently at 225lbs)
150lb Clean and Jerk (currently at 133lbs)
200lb Back Squat (currently at 180lb)
500 meter row in 1:50 minutes
80 sit ups in 2 minutes
butterfly pull ups (just learn how to do them!)
Learn how to walk on my hands
25 pull ups unbroken
etc. etc. etc.
These are no necessarily listed in the order I want to achieve them, just in the order that I have thought of them. And I am sure I will think of more later.
So, I am still tweaking my programming to find the best way to achieve these goals.
I have to admit, my 2-a-days are very difficult with my schedule but I do it when I can. If I can't get in the two 2-a-days twice a week, I try to add another day to my week. I just have to be sure to give myself the rest and recovery necessary as well.
If you are just joining this blog and are wondering about these goals, let me just make it clear. I am not the next Annie Thorisdottir. I am just the average friend next door working hard to make myself a better me, a better mom and a better wife. To be stronger physically as well as mentally.
One of the reasons I write this blog is to encourage other women to just "do your best, try your hardest and never give up!" I know that it can be very intimidating to watch the CrossFit videos and watch these women that are crazy strong and think "I can't do that! There is no way!"
I am here to tell you that you can.
You may not be able to beat Annie Thorisdottir in a clean and jerk, but you can beat yourself. If you start now, the only thing that can happen is that you get stronger.
That doesn't mean it always gets easier, but you will get better!
Remember, if it was easy, everybody would do it!
CrossFit takes work. It takes effort. But think about it. Anything worth having takes work and effort. You are worth it. We are worth it!
If you can't workout in a gym with equipment, please don't let that be an excuse. The beautiful thing about CrossFit is that you can do hundreds of different WOD's with just body weight movements and an inexpensive a jump rope.
I have a friend that works out at home. I have been helping her come up with WOD's that she can do at home with the equipment she has there. She has been doing this for two months and she is now hooked and doing great!
In fact, I just got a text from her saying "My fat is crying!!".
No excuses. Make that decision to get up and do something, do it for you!
Okay, that's my pep talk for the evening. Here are the latest WOD's for those of you who are keeping up and may be doing these at home.

Monday
STRENGTH
Thrusters
2-2-2-2-2-2-2 (65lbs, 70lbs, 80lbs, 90lbs, 95lbs, 105lbs, 115lbs) 10 lbs PR!!

WOD
10 minutes
Each minute and the top of each minute complete
2 Squat Snatches (85-95% of 1 Rep Max)
8 Box Jumps (20")
Rest in the remainder of the minute
This is a training WOD. You have plenty of time to really set up that squat snatch and make it as perfect as possible. Do it!
Score is time you finish the last round
My Score-9:33

Tuesday
STRENGTH
Bench Press 1 Rep Max -115lbs! Yay! Another PR! :)

WOD
3 Rounds of
40' Overhead Walking Lunge (25lb plate)
21 Hand Release Push ups
21 Wall Balls (14lbs)

No comments:

Post a Comment