sled push

sled push

Monday, November 28, 2011

November 28, 2011

Yes, it has been almost two weeks since my last blog. I will not make excuses. It is what is it is. My husband will be home for good on the 10th and I think that is going to make ALL the difference in the world for my daily life and training. This is the Longest 4 Weeks EVER!!! (He was told this would only be a 4 week job and it is going on month 3.)
Lot's of good things have happened as far as my training goes, and still so much to work on.
I haven't attempted another Muscle-Up since I finally got my first one, and I'm okay with that... for now. I was so ready to start focusing on my Olympic Lifts and jumped on it right away.
Over the past 2 weeks I have hit PR after PR and I am so excited about that! The 2012 Garage Games begins in only a few months and I want to be ready!
Now it is time to crank it into 3rd gear!
Last week was Thanksgiving and I totally failed on the Paleo Eating, but I have started my next Paleo Challenge that will take me until the 18th. I will be going on a Disney Cruise with my family and I intend to have fun and not stress out about food, which is probably a good thing considering that all the food will most likely be in the shape of Mickey.
I do want to share with you my latest PR. I am so excited. If you have been following my blog, you know that I have recently learned the Snatch Balance at my Olympic Lift Certification with Coach Burgener. This is a very different move from what I am used to. I have a 125lb Overhead Squat, but when I first tried a snatch balance, I just about busted my ass with just a 45lb bar. "Balance" is the key word!!! Anyway, this is my 2nd Snatch Balance at 115lb from this past Saturday. I felt great doing this! I felt like I could go a bit heavier, but after watching the video and seeing how much I was ghost riding it down, I decided to stay here at this weight and work on technique some more. This lift is going to help me get even closer to getting that 95lb squat snatch.



I will tell you that I did PR with an 88lb Power Snatch Saturday, but that's not a squat snatch. I really need to work on really pulling myself lower under the bar.

So here is today's Strength
Front Squat- 3-3-3-3-3 (100lbs, 115lbs, 125lbs, 130lbs, 140lbs) PR by 10lbs!

WOD
AMRAP 10 minutes
Buy in-100 Double Unders
15 Wall Balls (14lbs)
10 Wall Ball Situps (14lbs)
5 Renegade Pushups (25lbs)
Score: 3 round + 17 reps
This was all shoulders!! WOW!!!


Eating:
Breakfast- Oatmeal with raisins (yes, I am trying oatmeal for a few weeks and see how I feel in the morning since I workout first thing in the morning)
PostWOD (Progenex Recovery with More Muscle)
Lunch: Grilled Chicken Unsweet tea
Snack: LaraBar and Vinegar and Salt Almonds (these will be my undoing!)
Dinner: Zucchini Casserole
Desert: Paleo Pumpkin Spice Latte (yummy!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment