sled push

sled push

Saturday, November 5, 2011

Today is Closed!

I am playing catch up here and I am disappointed that I have not been consistent with my posts. This was a promise I made to myself and I have found myself slacking. I am starting week 8 with my husband being in Iowa and I am tired! But no more excuses. I am better than this!
Thursday was a pretty busy day. Mark, the owner of Trinity CrossFit went out of town, so I coached 4 classes that day. I was able to get a WOD in there, but not my strength WOD. :( Yesterday, I was stuck at home waiting for Rooms to Go to come make an inspection on my furniture that needs to be replaced. I also had a ton of ads to design, a dirty house and many errands to run, so no WOD yesterday (unless cleaning my house "for time" counts).
As for today, I have declared the day "closed" and plan to stay in my pajamas and do nothing. I think everyone should have at least one "closed" day a week. I know this is not realistic though. I probably get 1 a month and today is it. My boys even let me sleep late. I actually slept until 10:00! I haven't slept til 10:00 since...well, I'm not sure! So even my body is saying "CHILL!".
But to be honest, I don't know if I can stand it. I already feel guilty for not getting to workout yesterday. My plan is to workout tomorrow, but I may end up doing it later on this afternoon. If I go too long without working out, I actually get in a funk. Does that happen to you?
But I am really trying to take it easy today. I'm not tired from working out, just from everything else that has been going on this week. Just being mom to 3 boys is enough to exhaust me sometimes. But I love it and wouldn't change anything except to have my husband home very soon.

Thursday WOD
"Power 13"
650 meter row
13 Power Cleans (65lbs)
13 Pullups
13 KBS (35lbs)
13 Knees to Elbows
13 Deadlifts (65lbs)
650 meter row
Time: 9:07

Once again I am disappointed on my pullups. It was only 13 and I came off the bar after only 4. I blew through the cleans but was wiped out when I got to the pullups. That surprised me, since the weight is pretty light. This WOD is all grip, so the knees to elbows were not fun either!
I need to work on stringing more kipping pullups together. Very disappointed. It seems I've slacked off on many areas in pursuit of achieving my muscle-up. Sometimes stubbornness does not pay off.


Speaking of the muscle-up, I sent a picture of me doing the muscle up with my horrible wrist lock to one of the top gymnastic coaches hoping for some feedback on what I could do. I was just hoping for an email, but he called me and talked with me on the phone about it. He wanted me to send him a video so he could see exactly what was going on. He was super nice and gave me some homework. I think I actually stumped him, though. Leave it to me!
But I am working on his progressions and going by his advise "taking it slow". He saw the video and responded within minutes saying "wrap that wrist!!!"
I am continually amazed, although I shouldn't be by now, of how nice everyone in the CrossFit community is. The fact that he took time out of his day to give advise to someone he hadn't even met, speaks volumes!! I LOVE CROSSFIT!

Eating:
Thursday
Breakfast: 2 hard boiled eggs
Post WOD: Progenex
Snack: Salmon and sweet potato casserole
Lunch: Cabbage stir fry
Snack: Larabar
Dinner: Chinese bourbon chicken, egg drop soup, egg roll (not exactly paleo, but I did my best)
I put myself in a bad postition, by eating so late and being so hungry.

Friday:
Breakfast: 2 fried eggs, 1 apple with almond butter, 2 pieces of canadian bacon
Snack: nuts, seeds and raisins
Lunch: Grilled chicken salad
Snack: Larabar
Dinner: Fried Chicken (skin removed), sweet potato

No comments:

Post a Comment