sled push

sled push

Friday, November 18, 2011

Finally!!!

YAY!!! I did it! I finally got my very first muscle up!!! I know it is not pretty, but I am soooo happy! The video posted below was on Wednesday right after completing the WOD "Nasty Girls" with 21 scaled muscle ups. My wrist still flips over on this one, but I fought through it and kipped out of it. I had watched a video of Rebecca Voight demoing a Mainsite WOD (Nov 4) last week with Muscle-Ups and her wrist flipped over, too. So, when this happened again to me on Wednesday, I thought I would just try hopping out it like she did and see what happened. It worked!
Do I recommend you doing it this way? No. Jeff Tucker wouldn't like this muscle up, I know. But, from here I can only get better, right?
Now I can move on to the next goal. Hmmmm, maybe walking on my hands?
Okay, here are the WOD's from Wednesday through today.
WORKOUT OF THE DAY

Wednesday
"Nasty Girls"
3 Rounds
50 Squats
7 Muscle Ups (scaled from knees)
10 Hang Power Cleans (83lbs)
Score:11:33
I have to say that after this WOD was over, I was disappointed. I messed up by watching the original "Nasty Girls" video. When I saw Nicole Carrol struggle with the 95lb hang power clean, I thought to myself "I have no business doing that. If she is struggling, there is no way I can do it!"
At the end of the WOD, I realized that I should have gone heavier. AT least 93lbs. Oh well, I guess that means I need to do it again, and wait until I can do the WHOLE thing as Rxd!
After the WOD, was when this video was taken and the Happy Dance was performed. :)









Thursday
For Time:
In ascending and descending order, alternate between the two movements
Pullups 10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1 reps
Deadlifts (140lbs) 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10 reps
Score: 8:31 - got all my pullups unbroken except for rounds 7 and 6. Deadlifts smoked me!!

Friday
STRENGTH DAY!!!
Back Squat: work to heavy single (175lbs) then, 90% x 2 (155lbs), 85%x3x5 (145lbs)
Squat Snatch: 60%x5(48lbs), 65%x4(55lbs), 75%x4(63lbs), 85%x4x2(73lbs)
Squat Clean: 75%x4(103lbs), 85%x4x2(113lbs)
Split Jerk from the back:60%x5(75lbs),70%x5(85lbs),85%x5x3(105lbs)

No comments:

Post a Comment