sled push

sled push

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Blond Moment! Yes, I am blond.

This will be a short blog because I am absolutely exhausted.
Today I did 105 58lb snatches. Here is why.
Today's WOD was "Randy" which is a hero WOD. I wrote it up on the board and got ready for my class. I knew it shouldn't take me long, so about 30 minutes before class, I glanced at the board, got my bar ready and set the clock. 3,2,1...go!
Man I was smoking! I looked up at the clock and couldn't believe I was almost done. 1:53!! DONE! I was laid out on the floor trying to get my breath back, when it occurred to me, this can't be right! "Randy" is a hero WOD. A hero WOD shouldn't be sub 2 minutes. What's up? So, I got up and went to check the HQ site for times on "Randy"
Have you figured out what I did? Yep! I only did 30 snatches. I wrote it down wrong. "Isabel" is 30 snatches at 85lbs. "Randy" is 75 snatches! Are you kidding me?! So, I waited about 30 minutes and did "Randy" again. All 75 snatches. My time was 7:05. But honestly, I don't feel like I can really count it, I know my time can be so much better. My first go at it, I did 30 snatches in 1:53. The second go round it took me 2:15 to do 30 snatches. Part of that is because I was still gassed, but mostly it was my head. All I could think was "Damn It! I just did these!"
So, that was my blond moment today.

Meals
Breakfast: 2 hardboiled eggs
Post WOD: Progenex
Lunch: Chicken Salad
Snack: 1/2 a hamburger patty, larabar
Dinner: Boston Butt, Butternut Squash

No comments:

Post a Comment